Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age (PC Or PS3)

4 posters

Go down

Dragon Age (PC Or PS3) Empty Dragon Age (PC Or PS3)

Post  GuitarrAddictt Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm going to get it for Christmas. But i don't know which platform to buy it for. My computer is crappy and would lag alot with a game like that. But it's good to play DA with computer. Or should i buy it for my PS3? I heard that on PS3 it isn't that good. And games' score is 8/10 on PS3 when on PC it's 9/10.
Suggestions are welcome! Smile
GuitarrAddictt
GuitarrAddictt

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age (PC Or PS3) Empty Re: Dragon Age (PC Or PS3)

Post  CDune Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:18 pm

I would always get the PC version; it is made for the pc and in the future you can always upgrade your PC...graphics aren't everything Smile
CDune
CDune
Admin

https://cdune.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GuitarrAddictt Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Hmm.. thanks! But i think i'll still buy it for PS3. Because i own a laptop and upgrading it would cost more money than upgrading normal PC!
But thanks again! Very Happy
GuitarrAddictt
GuitarrAddictt

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion. Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Well Iv been playing the PS3 version and it is good but the PC version looks much better. If you go for the PS3 version you dont get the same gameplay experience you see in Chris's walkthroughs. The pause and play action is nowhere near as fluent, you dont get the same control bar so fighting further on in the game is much harder because you only have 5 changeable skill buttons.

If your really put down by laggy graphics and such Id suggest going for the PS3 version anyway. Its still a great game despite the problems, and you obviously wont get any lag!
Orion.
Orion.

Back to top Go down

Post  GuitarrAddictt Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks, i've always wondered... is game easier on PS3? Because all of those extra changes in skillbars?
GuitarrAddictt
GuitarrAddictt

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion. Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Well, I cant make much comment on it because Iv only been on the PS3 version and mostly on Casual. But when I was playing it on medium like Chris has been, I was still getting through battles easier.

I think what most reviewers have said on it is that the PC version is meant for the pause and play strategy, while the console versions you rarely have the need to pause. The problem is that with opponents that you do need to pause against (High Dragon near the Urn of Sacred ashes for example) it makes it near impossible.
Orion.
Orion.

Back to top Go down

Post  CDune Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:53 pm

I can concur that the game is definitely harder on the consoles; I played the 360 version for a while and found it much easier. In order to beat the PC version you really need tactics, while the consoles are more action-focused.
CDune
CDune
Admin

https://cdune.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GuitarrAddictt Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Oh well, i like games that are hard and i need 4-6 tries before i beat the boss.. so it's fine by me and it's a MUST BUY game to me. Smile
GuitarrAddictt
GuitarrAddictt

Back to top Go down

Post  legerrid Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm

It's not hard to do pause and play on the consoles, its very easy and works well IMO. The skill wheel works fine, very much like Mass Effect.

It makes it easier if you set up some robust combat tactics as well

legerrid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum