Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best combination for main character?

4 posters

Go down

Best combination for main character? Empty Best combination for main character?

Post  Orion. Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Which combination is the most practical for your main character in the game?

I started playing through with an elf rogue and it was alright but he was a little weak and after I had Leliana join he became practically useless. Im doing another run through but Im not sure what I should use. Im definitely going for either a Dwarf or a Human and definitely going for a Warrior or Rogue but as for the combination Im not sure.

Any advice?
Orion.
Orion.

Back to top Go down

Best combination for main character? Empty Re: Best combination for main character?

Post  CDune Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Orion. wrote:Which combination is the most practical for your main character in the game?

I started playing through with an elf rogue and it was alright but he was a little weak and after I had Leliana join he became practically useless. Im doing another run through but Im not sure what I should use. Im definitely going for either a Dwarf or a Human and definitely going for a Warrior or Rogue but as for the combination Im not sure.

Any advice?

I am still in doubt; champions seems like a solid choice, useful skills; I am not too fond of the templar. Berserker can be good but is just a buffed warrior; never played a reaver but should be awesome.

I really like the Ranger class, summoning spells are always useful, but you won't get more than that. Bard is useless IMO, assassin is very good and I can't see why you should pick a duelist, not my choice.
CDune
CDune
Admin

https://cdune.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Best combination for main character? Empty Re: Best combination for main character?

Post  GuitarrAddictt Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Mm, yeah agreed with Chris.

So.. i've wondered days for now.. when i get the game i'll obviously play with an Dalish Elf Warrior.
And i wondered is it wise to make it a Warrior only, if it is.. what stats should i train? Str & Cunning?
GuitarrAddictt
GuitarrAddictt

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion. Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:19 pm

You see the only problem I have with the warrior class is that if your going for a warrior you have to make it a tank and if you have the option there to get Shale then you shouldnt bother trying to develop a tank because Shale is the best possible tank to use. Virtually unstoppable if you have the right crystals and immune to knockdown attacks by default. Shale + Fire crystals = the bane of all dragons.

I think Im going to go for a Human Rogue because if you were going to use a dwarf then it has to be to make a tank and like I said there is no point if you have access to Shale.
Orion.
Orion.

Back to top Go down

Post  legerrid Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:26 pm

I find the Warrior is the most boring class of all to play as. It needs virtually no input from you, plus there are a number of good warriors for you to pick up as you go along - I mean the first character you get is a Warrior. I notice that on Chris's walkthroughs he never ever controls his own character for combat.

I would always be a Rogue, just because I find them more interesting to play as, with backstabs and stealth. Also the fact that you'll always always have a Master of Unlocking with you all the time is so useful. Every time I've played with a Rogue they've been better than Zev and Leilana by the time I got them so I don't see that as a problem, plus I didn't really like either of those characters.

Also I found it more useful because Cunning is a really important skill in the game (for Persuade), and if you're a rogue your cunning skill actually helps you in combat. Having Stealth was very useful for taking out enemy mages, who often can cause a lot of problems.

I found that with my Rogue(Ranger/Duelist), Alistair (Templar/Champion), Shale and Morrigan (Shapeshifter, Spirit Healer), I won every fight without much trouble. They were also an interesting party for story quests etc with good input and some nice conversations.

legerrid

Back to top Go down

Post  GuitarrAddictt Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks for advice!
But i don't really like rogues, because in my opinion 2 weapons is a MUST in a fight.. but if i could play only with 1 Sword like Chris does.. then i'll think i'll play with Rogue not Warrior.
GuitarrAddictt
GuitarrAddictt

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion. Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 pm

GuitarrAddictt wrote:Thanks for advice!
But i don't really like rogues, because in my opinion 2 weapons is a MUST in a fight.. but if i could play only with 1 Sword like Chris does.. then i'll think i'll play with Rogue not Warrior.

Huh?? Rogues can use two weapons as well. The difference between rogue and warrior is that warrior class gets a shield and sword option and a double handed option while rogues just get a meatier set of main abilities.
Orion.
Orion.

Back to top Go down

Post  legerrid Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:52 pm

You don't need a sword and a shield in a fight, honestly. Plus you can have a warrior with you at all times anyway.

Also you can unlock it so that Rogues can carry a one handed sword in each hand, which looks pretty badass, plus you get a nice AOE move in Dual Weapon Sweep which is useful

legerrid

Back to top Go down

Post  GuitarrAddictt Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 pm

So, is it wise if i'll play with a Rogue and wield 1 one-handed weapon in each hand? I'm quite curious which abilities i should start with, so that's why i'm asking such questions.

(Excuse my English in earlier posts, i'm not from England and nor do i speak English.. so i hope you understand the point of my messages)
GuitarrAddictt
GuitarrAddictt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum